Epik Missions trips are not vacations. We work VERY hard and we live in community with the people we serve. This means that our accommodations are modest and travel can be challenging at times. This intentional immersion with the community helps establish unity, connectedness, and a very real sense of who we are caring for while we are there. Because of this, our trips are not for everyone. There are many other great organizations that provide opportunities other than Epik Missions.
The cost of an Epik Missions trip is more expensive than others. Part of the reason is the airfare for the Africa trips is more expensive than trips in the Americas. The other reason is that Epik Missions provides malpractice insurance and a temporary license for you while you are in-country. It is very important that we respect local laws, guidelines and rules while providing care. We don’t show up and start adjusting without proper documentation and communication with the country’s Ministry of Health. Furthermore, a small portion of your fee goes to several orphanages that care for infants, tuition for select poverty stricken children for grade school, and other needs that become apparent on a trip.
The standard fees for a mission trip are: Doctors $2000 Students/Laypersons $1500. These fees cover your food, lodging, in-country transportation, temporary license, and malpractice insurance. You are responsible for your airfare, travel visa (if required), Yellow Card for Africa, and travel insurance if you elect to have it. You must have a current passport that does not expire within 6 months of the date we return.
Please note that if you wish to go on a Ghana trip, you must apply 2 months before departure and currently have a valid passport.
Are you interested in being part of one of Epik Missions’ trips? The first step is to contact Dr. Chad Hawk by emailing him at email@example.com. In your email please include the following:
- Which country you would like to go to and why. Ghana, Guatemala, or Uganda(doctors only).
- Why you would like to go? The reason you want to go is very important to Epik Missions.
- When you would like to go? There can be multiple trips to a country a year so check the schedule!
- How did you hear about Epik Missions? Just like practice, we like to know who referred you.
- If you are a doctor, tell us about your practice and reason for being a chiropractor.If you are a student, tell us what chiropractic means to you and your goal(s) on the trip.Include a picture and your contact info in your email please.
Once your email has been reviewed, you will be contacted to schedule a video call via Skype or FaceTime.